To read Cindi's story from the beginning, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts". The first entry is her story!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fundraisers in planning stages....

Hello!  Thanks again for all who have donated to the Trust.  My son, Chris and his girlfriend, Lauren live in the Charlotte area and work at Carabas. They have just raised $150 in donations this weekend!  One customer generously gave a $100 bill when they mentioned Cindi!  Keep it up Chris and Lauren!

I realized a moment ago that I hadn't officially introduced myself and told the story of how I met Cindi and Kirk.  So, here's a bit about me:

My name is Marsha Phipps and I have known Cindi for 16 yrs or so.  When I was dating my youngest son's father, Tom Douglas, he introduced me to his friends, Cindi and Kirk Davis. 

Cindi Silvers, Tom and Kirk Davis worked together at Vision Quest in Pennsylvania many years ago.  Once Tom was ready to move on, he placed Cindi's hand in Kirks and said, "You BETTER take care of her!"  Kirk did just that, he married her!

Tom and I had a son, Thomas Douglas, II, in April of  1997.  8 months later he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease.  During his last month of illness, Cindi took a leave of absense from her job, without pay, and came to stay at my home.  She helped me care for my 4 children and for Tom. She was a tremendous help!  Cindi was there when Tom took his last breaths.  This is why I feel so strongly about helping her.  She gave so much to me that I cannot repay.  So I will fight her battle with Wells Fargo by trying my best to get the word out there. 

I am flying to Charlotte, NC on August 15th.  I will be staying at my son's home and working on tying up loose ends on the fundraisers we are planning.  I can't go into all the details right now, as I haven't anything concrete just yet but there will be at least two events that will happen to help raise money for Cindi and Kirk. The beginning of the month is the hardest financially for them and I am hoping that these events will be held the last two weekends of the month of August. 

My biggest hurdle is getting donations for prizes....whether it's prizes for the pet contest mentioned in the last post, or for raffle prizes that will be held during these events. If you know of anyone who can offer gift cards, dinner for two coupons, etc. to us, we'd greatly appreciate it!  I asked Tractor Supply, with whom Cindi shops, and corporate told me to ask the store itself.  Apparently they have money alloted each year for such things. 

I am currently working on the website for the "cuttest critter contest".  I am finding that even though I knew a tiny bit about HTML, if you don't use it, you lose it!  If any one of you are good at websites, and are willing to donate your time, please contact me at Marsha6814@yahoo.com.  I have never created a website with links to boxes to fill out, submit photos and take payments.  We are asking for a minimum of $3-5 donation for each submission.

Well, I'm rambling now.  Thanks for stopping by and GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Please pass this along!

No comments:

Post a Comment