To read Cindi's story from the beginning, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts". The first entry is her story!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

1st day in Charlotte!

Wow what a crazy 24 hours!  Got into Charlotte totally exhausted!  Settled in at Chris' house and crashed for 16 hours!  Three days of no sleep finally caught up.

Today Chris and I stopped in at a few restaurants asking for gift card donations. Nothing yet but a few "lemme pass this to my boss".

Let me tell you, the power of prayer works!  I was standing in the line at a dollar store and picked up this pink scarf thingy.  The woman in front of me said, "It works reall well, I use them while making funnel cakes!"  So we struck up a conversation and I met her out in the parking lot.

I asked her to come make her cakes at the yard sale we're doing next weekend!  Turns out she goes to a local church called Elevation.  She mentioned the wonderful work her pastor has been doing and thinks that he may be able to enlist the church to help!  Please pray for this as any and all help we can get is great!

Right now I'm headed back out to buy poster material and car wash material.

The car wash is this Saturday!  I came here not knowing where we were going to have it....or even if we COULD have it...God is good!  The info is :

Carrabba's Restaurant
7900 Lyles Lane North
Charlotte, NC

10am - 2pm
Free with donations going to the trust set up at Bank of America for Cindi!

It's right off the highway and we have 10 volunteers so far!  I'm so excited.  Please come out. Cindi will be there and we'll be selling raffle tickets for the quilt too!

The yard sale is next weekend, Aug. 25th.

Will post daily as I'm here now and things are happening!

To reach me email at Marsha6814@yahoo.com or call my cell:  520-236-4072.

Thanks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment